Upon completion of this two-week total immersion Senior Management Program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the impact of transportation management and operations on the mobility and safety of the highway system.
- Manage an organization whose primary mission is transportation management and operations, or an organization that includes operations as one of its key activities.
- Effectively advocate the creation of an operational focus within their agencies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the technical tools of management and operations and the conditions under which they can be effectively applied and managed.
- Develop insight into future highway transportation trends, and their impacts on the roles and responsibilities of state transportation agencies
In addition, participants will have the opportunity to develop relationships with peers from other jurisdictions. Participants and their organizations will also benefit from an evaluation of their agency’s operations program.